Monday, November 4, 2013

A Girl, Her Bike, and Jesus

This post is about a small event that happened several months ago but the thought of it just seems to never leave my mind.
Lana has begun saying a handful of words.  Of course Da Da came first. :) Every night Chad and I carry Lana into her room and pray with her before giving kisses and hugs and snuggles.  One evening after praying Lana shouted out "Jesus Amen" and since that night she loves to say that.

I stood in my kitchen sometime after that first night Lana said "Jesus Amen".  I was busy trying to get dinner ready, Chad was back and forth in and out of the house working on projects, and Lana was on her little bike riding around in the garage and on the driveway. I have no idea how long she had been shouting but I slowly began realizing that she was shouting at the top of her lungs "Jesus".  I peeked out to see her riding on our driveway just laughing and giggling and shouting "Jesus".  My first thought was "Oh my, what on earth are the neighbors thinking of this?!"  "They probably think there goes those crazy Jesus loving people brainwashing their little girl."  But then all I could do is smile and be so proud of that little 18 month old girl who had no restrictions, no fears.  She just rode her bike and sang out "Jesus".
Months later the thought still brings a smile to my face.  I know its no coincident that she loves to say "Jesus".  She could've been riding around yelling out "red" or "book" or any other word.  It also has challenged me watching her freedom in saying "Jesus".  To her Jesus is nothing to be ashamed about.  She isn't worried about who she should say that around or not say that around. 
I love it how God created children to challenge us.  It's so awesome.  So I challenge you as I challenge myself.  Why do we make it such a big deal to talk about the One whom we say we love so much? 


Picture of the Day
Lana and her bike.  Oh she melts my heart!  When she smiles she lights up a room.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are the Jesus freaks brainwashing, I mean loving and teaching, your child. Love you.

    ReplyDelete